Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sparkle Up Your Holiday With Domaine Carneros


Bubbly...Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love it!! A lot of people save it for special occasions, but not me. I love to sip my bubbles seven days a week. But what about those special occasions like holidays? Easter is coming up and there are plenty of reasons to bring bubbly into the mix!

Who's been to Domaine Carneros? Domaine Carneros is a gorgeous place, nestled in the hills of Napa Valley's Carneros AVA and one of the first attractions as you enter Napa Valley. The beauty of the chateau alone will take your breath away! I've visited them many times and they make some wonderful sparklers and great still wines. In fact, every time I turn around, they have more new wines in their portfolio! There's nothing I enjoy more than to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon sipping bubbles outside on their terrace.

Last month while I was traveling around Napa Valley, their PR and distribution firm, Kobrand, approached me about sampling some of their sparklers. How could I say no?

This winery makes absolutely gorgeous sparkling wine. End of story. I feel like I'm in another world when I'm sipping these. This time I tried a couple of what I call their "flagship" sparklers, the Brut Rosé and the 2005 Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs.



The Brut Rosé is an easy one to find in most U.S. markets which is why I decided to share. You should be able to go to a local wine store and find it. (Though you may want to order a case or so for later because it's really delicious!!) A blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, it's exotic spicy raspberry and strawberry flavors will entice you! This one is an easy choice and for $38 a bottle, it definitely is a value!



The 2005 Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs is the true star of California! The wine is sparkling but not just because of the bubbles! 99% Chardonnay and 1% Pinot Blanc, this bubbly is guava and lemon cream with a slight hint of toast! Absolutely breathtaking and beautiful! And it should be for $95 a bottle! Definitely try this one sometime! It'll definitely make you happy!

For more information on Domaine Carneros, their wines and visiting the winery, please go to domainecarneros.com.

I want to thank the folks at Kobrand and Domaine Carneros for sharing these lovely wines with me. I hope everyone out there has a fantastic Easter holiday and hopefully the Easter bunny will bring you lots of Domaine Carneros bubbly!

"You Saw It Here First"...This post was created solely for "Cellarmistress' Cellar Talk" by Grace Hoffman. Grace is an Italian-born, American-bred wine blogger/educator with an all-consuming passion for wine and all it encompasses.

1 comment:

  1. Went in August. What a beautiful place. We especially loved their blanc de blanc.

    ReplyDelete