Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Fusebox" Addendum

The Crushpad "Fusebox" Blend-Off Contest is officially over and on Monday, November 9th, they chose the winners for the label and the blend. Unfortunately, I was not in the winner's circle. But I felt I made a terrific but "safe" blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Cabernet Franc, 6% Petit verdot and 3% Merlot. On the other hand, my label (for those of you who haven't seen it), was a beautiful homage to my Mom, Elena. She passed away on February 16, 2008 and was never able to see all the great things I have accomplished since then, regarding my blogging and my interest in wine. She was my biggest supporter and always wanted the best for me. Her spirit will live on in the label I created and someday I will put it on a bottle of wine I will create on my own. I can't wait for that day to happen! Just looking at her smile in the photo encourages me to be the the best I can be!



Crushpad gave me this wonderful opportunity to learn and create and I want to thank them. I plan to take this experience with me as I forge forward through the future and the wonderful world of wine. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment